Wednesday 3 December 2014

Timed Assessment - In the Role of the Hair Artist

Here are the final photos from my Assessment. I was the hair artist for this and my partner Rachel designed the hairstyle. Unfortunately, Rachel turned up 30 minutes late to the assessment without a reasoning behind it. She then came in and was feeling very unwell. I had began to crimp her hair before she had to leave again due to illnesses.

It was a rather stressful day as I felt prepared and ready to get the assessment done so I did not have to worry. Then, I had to find myself a different model with a similar hair type, length and condition. This was proven rather difficult but I managed to find someone and ask politely if they would be my model in the afternoon. I was very thankful of this. Isabelle was now my model for the assessment but I followed Rachel's hair design and instructions.

It was quite nerve racking trying to complete a hairstyle on someone I had never practised on before, but fortunately I think it was rather successful.

It was quite difficult when it came to shaping the front of the hair as my new model had a lot more layers in her hair than my original model. I worked my way around this with a lot of backcombing on top of the crimping and then hair spraying the hair into place for more structure.

There was plaiting involved at the back of the head which had to reach across and be pinned without the pins showing. This was very hard as my new model had slightly shorter hair therefore the plaits only just reached diagonally across her head. It took me a couple of attempts until I was happy with the look.

I am so relieved I have finally completed the assessment for the hair as I was really quite worried about how the outcome would be as Rachel has been  very difficult to get in contact with throughout this project. I feel I may have enjoyed this project a whole lot more if I had been partnered with someone a little more reliable and committed.

Overall, I am rather proud of the outcome taking everything into consideration; last minute model change and lack of communication with my partner.


No comments:

Post a Comment