Wednesday 3 December 2014

Final Design

Out of the three designs I created, I have chosen this design. I feel this hairstyle will show off my technical abilities as well as suit for a contemporary Eliabethan hairstyle. This is because this hairstyle incorporates lots of french plaiting and plaiting was very populur in the particular era I am focusing on. There is also an involvement of the heart shaped hair but without the frizz to give it more of a modernised feel to it.

Although the heart shape is messy and backcombed, it has great structure and will blend nicely into the french plaits as long as the pins are hidden away. As my hair is short too, I thought it would be best to stick to something close to the head to help avoid pins being shown and creating something challenging but manageable for a short hairstyle. I thought about going for a hairstyle with the hair down but I felt this would be too simple and it would not be a big enough challenge set myself and my partner.

I feel this look will be finished with the touch of the pearl headchain to give it the Elizabethan feel as well as the popularity of headchains in the era we are in now. They have become a thing of fashion for many young women.

My hair design is meant to be portraying a lady of the upper class with her hair all tight to her head. A lady of wealth and married to a rich gentleman. The updo shows this as women who were pure always had their hair down. The gold chain and pearls along the headchain are also a sign of wealth as these were very popular adornments to wear as an upper class lady of the era. The heigh of the backcombing is also to show her arrogance as she stands tall and proud with her big heart shaped hair at the front.

No comments:

Post a Comment