Wednesday 3 December 2014

Practising Partners Design

Unfortunately, I found it proven difficult to ever get into much contact with my partner. The communication was very far and few between. It was only towards the end of this project that my partner even showed me any images of her design. I did not once get to practise on her real hair before the timed assessment which concerned me very much.

Due to the worry and concern of never practising on her, I took it upon myself to practise on my mannequin a number of times at home. I sent her images to make sure I was doing the correct techniques and the plaits and backcombing was all positioned the way she wanted it.

Thankfully, after one or two attempts Rachael's hair design, I felt at ease when it came to the assessment day. I had practised enough to feel confident in creating her hairstyle within a time limit and professional assessment conditions.

At home, I timed myself creating the hairstyle, and the quickest it took me was 35 minutes which I was very impressed with. This was without crimping the hair though as I could not supply any crimpers in the comfort of my own home. I took this into consideration when I was practising and added 20 minutes as a guideline of how long it would take me to crimp the front of Rachael's hair.

Here are a couple of images of me practising the hair design...


No comments:

Post a Comment